VB Converter™ for Visual Basic
(Swing and AWT mode)
Copyright 1996-2009 Diamond Edge, Inc.
VB Converter is a trademark of Diamond Edge. Visual Basic is a trademark of Microsoft.
We are constantly adding support for more of the features of the Visual Basic language and libraries. We are
committed to having the highest quality and most accurate Visual Basic to Java conversion tool available on the
market. Any features you would like supported or any problems you notice should be emailed to .
Snippets of code would be greatly appreciated and expedite the process of improving the conversion process.
- Generated code will run as a stand-alone application or as an applet.
- Uses 1.1 event style.
- Uses Java 2 swing controls or AWT controls.
- Generated Java code is readable and easily recognizable to VB programmer.
- Generates 2 different coding styles.
- Indent amount is definable.
- Mapping between VB and Java controls are defined in user customizable conversion rule files so mapping can
be changed to use any Java controls including a company's own custom library.
- Mappings for functions and constants are defined in user customizable conversion rule files. Must purchase
a Library Source License to get the source to the conversion rule files.
- Users can add support for 3rd party controls by writing a conversion rule file.
Visual Basic Language
Visual Basic Objects and Controls
The following are extensions which have been added. They will not work in VB but are there for convenience.
Requires the purchase of the Diamond Control Suite. An evaluation version ships
with the product.