VB Converter, Java Edition
Java Code... Automatically!
VB Converter add-in is specifically designed for organizations
wanting to convert entire VB applications to Java.
VB Converter eliminates the need to rewrite Visual Basic
applications in Java, providing organizations
- Immediate enhanced security and universal database access
for their VB applications,
- Elimination of scalability problems inherent with Visual
- Greatly reduced cost of
application deployment and maintenance.
VB Converter installs with jADO (a Java implementation of
Microsoft's ActiveX Data Objects). The VB Converter toolbar
seamlessly integrates with the Visual Basic development
environment for enhanced control.
VB Converter includes support for
MDI (Multiple Document Interface), User Defined
Types, the VB and VBA constants, and additional
controls featuring the SSTab, TreeView, ProgressBar
and ImageList controls.
See the complete list of supported
The VB Converter Toolbar
- Microsoft Visual Basic 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 or 6.0
- Java 1.1 or Java 2. Java 2 v1.5 is recommended and
for most applications at least v1.4 is required.
- Many applications will also need the Diamond
- Microsoft Windows 95 or later, NT 4.0, 2000 or
- 7 MB disk space
- Generates Java source (entirely all Java, no native code
used) and byte code from Visual Basic projects (modules,
classes, controls, and forms).
- Converts entire Visual Basic (3.0, 4.0, 5.0 & 6.0)
applications to Java. Runs as an add-in to VB 5 & 6. Also
runs as a command-line tool for VB 3 through 6.
- Converted code can run as either a Java applet or as a
stand-alone Java application depending on how the application
was started up.
- Converts ActiveX controls written within Visual Basic to
- Supports over 70 Visual Basic controls and objects including
Data, Adodc, Menu, Windows Common Controls (ProgressBar,
ImageList, ListView, TreeView, etc.), FlexGrid, Grid, DBGrid,
DataGrid, DBList, DBCombo, SSTab, and the ThreeD
- Converts the picture resources stored in the binary frx file
to jpeg images.
- Allows debugging of Java applications within Visual Basic or
any Java IDE (Borland JBuilder, Symantec VisualCafe, Oracle
JDeveloper, and others).
- Migrates DAO, RDO or ADO database access into Java database
access using JDBC and a Java implementation of the ADO
- Supports Data Bound controls. Now you can quickly develop
Java database applications.
- Adds Java database support (JDBC), facilitating the creation
of Java applets that can access data on Oracle, DB2, SQL
Server, MySQL, Sybase, Informix and other databases.
- Supports all Visual Basic data types, including Variant,
Enum, Object and Collection.
- Supports creating VB interfaces using the Implements
- Automatic type casting and conversion to the native Java
- Supports local file I/O.
- Customizable conversion rules. If you want to add the
ability to convert new controls or functions or want to change
how the conversion is done, you simply change a few simple
- Runtime Java classes may be distributed royalty free once
you purchase the product.
Check out the sample
applets along with the Visual Basic source and the
converted Java code. You might also want to look a the documentation
Read the Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ) and
the list of supported
© Diamond Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.