- Why does ASP2JSP have the competitive advantage for converting ASP to JSP?
The following are a few of the competitive advantages of ASP2JSP:
- ASP2JSP is the only commercially sold and supported ASP to JSP converter
- If you ever want to look at the Java code, ASP2JSP is the only product to use, since it
- converts to built-in data types. Easier to read, more efficient
- converts to native Java API. If you want to program in Java then you should use the Java API as much as possible
and not a VB API layered on top of the Java API
- creates files and code structure that is organized the same as what the ASP/VB programmer is used to so the
transition to working with the Java code is smooth. VB programmer will still recognize and feel comfortable with
the Java version of their code.
- converts entire project, code and all
- customizable, can add support for 3rd party objects
- How to I run ASP2JSP?
ASP2JSP is a command-line utility. From a command prompt type in:
asp2jsp *.bas *.cls *.asp
- Is the source to the Java library available?
Yes. The source is available at an additional cost. Call for details.
- Are there any run-time costs or licenses?
No. When you deploy your application as a JSP application, you will need to also supply our Java library. Once
you have purchased the conversion tool, you have a royalty free license to distribute our libraries with your application
just so long it is not a software development tool.
- Does ASP2JSP support a particular object, property, method, function, etc.?
If you look at the Supported Features in the docs that came with the
demo or on the web site it will tell you of all the components, properties
and functions that are supported.
Note: ASP2JSP is extensible. If an object or function that you need is not on the list you can do one of the following
- Extend ASP2JSP by adding or modifying a conversion rule file which specifies the mapping between your object
or function and the corresponding Java object.
- Convert the line of code that used the unsupported feature by hand by modifying the generated Java code. Most
of your code (usually more than 90%) will have been converted to Java.
- Modify the original ASP/VB code to use a supported object or function.
- Contract with us on an hourly consulting basis to extend ASP2JSP to convert an unsupported control and/or .dll.
We offer a substantial discount off of our normal consulting rates on all extensions to ASP2JSP.
- Are there more JDBC drivers available besides the JDBC-ODBC driver that ships with Java?
Yes. Most database vendors ship a JDBC driver with their database. We recommend starting with the JDBC driver written
by the manufacturer of the database you are using. If the database you are using such as those from Microsoft did
not supply a JDBC driver or you have needs that are not met by that driver, you can use a 3rd party driver. The
following web page lists many JDBC drivers that are available: