Access Converter, Java Edition
Access 97/2000/2002/2003 Generates Java... Automatically!
Access Converter add-in is specifically designed for organizations wanting to convert Access applications to
Java including the Forms, Macros, Access Basic, VBA code and Reports. Access Reports are converted to
Crystal Reports that can viewed in Java, HTML, or PDF.
Access Converter eliminates the need to rewrite Access applications in Java, providing organizations
- Immediate enhanced security and universal database access for their Access applications,
- Elimination of scalability problems inherent with Access and
- Greatly reduced cost of application deployment and maintenance.
Access Converter installs with a Java implementation of ADO (Microsoft's ActiveX Data Objects) which will allow
the converted application to run on top of any database that has a JDBC driver.
- Generates Java source (no native code used) from Access projects (modules, classes, macros, controls, reports,
- Generates Crystal Reports from Access reports.
- Converts Access database applications (Forms, VBA code, Classes, Macros) to Java.
- Can run as either a Java applet or as a stand-alone Java application depending on how the application was started
- Supports over 70 controls and objects including Menu, Grid, ProgressBar, ImageList, SSTab, TreeView, and the
- Allows debugging of Java applications within Access or any Java IDE (Borland JBuilder, Symantec VisualCafe,
IBM Eclipse, Sun Forte (NetBeans), Oracle JDeveloper, and others).
- Migrates DAO database access into Java database access using JDBC and a Java implementation of the ADO objects.
- Adds Java database support (JDBC), facilitating the creation of Java applets that can access data on Oracle,
DB2, Sybase, SQL Server, Informix and other databases.
- Supports all Access data types, including Variant, Object and Collection.
- Automatic type casting and conversion to the native Java data types.
- Supports local file I/O.
- Customizable conversion rules. If you want to add the ability to convert new controls or functions or want
to change how the conversion is done, you simply change a few simple conversion rules.
- Runtime Java classes may be distributed royalty free.
- Microsoft Access 97, Access 2000, Access 2002, or Access 2003
- Java 2 v1.4 or higher
- Typically requires Diamond Control Suite for each developer.
- When converting reports you must use either Crystal Reports v8.5 Developer Edition or v9.0 Standard Edition plus RCAPI license
or Crystal Reports XI Developer Edition.
- Microsoft Windows 95 or later, NT 4.0, 2000 or XP
- 6 MB disk space
Access Converter is built using the same VB to Java conversion technology as VB Converter. You
can also get a good idea of the kind of output by looking at the
VB Converter samples.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and
the list of supported features. You might also want to look a the
If you have used certain controls such as ListView, TreeView, Winsock, DataSheet view,
and various Grid controls then you will also need to purchase a license of Diamond Control Suite for each developer.
You will also need the suite if you want to use the multi-column ComboBox or the multi-column ListBox.
© Diamond Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.